26.3.13

Top 5 Favorite Drugstore Lip Balms

Here in the midwest it's still pretty chilly! The first day of spring was on the 20th and we are still getting snow here in Indiana! This cold, dry weather sure can get your lips pretty chapped. It's important to keep a good tube of lip balm in your pocket, wallet or handbag to keep your lips soft and kissable! These are my top five favorite drugstore lip balms (in no particular order). I will rate each product on a scale of 5 (1 being poor and 5 being excellent) for taste, texture, and endurance. All products listed in this post will be linked at the end!



1. Good ol' classic cherry chapstick! Taste: 2/5|the hint of cherry taste is pleasant, but for me it is overshadowed by a very plastic-y taste. Endurance: 2/5| I find myself constantly having to reapply chapstick and that is when I am not munching on snacks or drinking beverages! Texture: 3/5| because of constant reapplication, the buildup of this product leaves my lips feeling thick and gloopy which is a bit uncomfortable...

2. Softlips lip balm is small, compact and comes in a variety of flavors and tints! Tastes: 2/5| There is a nice hint of cherry taste, but again, it is slightly overshadowed by a plastic-y type taste. Endurance: 3/5| This lip balm lasts a pretty good amount of time between applications and leaves my lips feeling protected from the harsh winter/early spring elements. Texture: 4/5| This lip balm feels very light, almost as if you aren't wearing any lip balm! Side note: If you are of the darker persuasion, stay away from the soft lips shimmer lip balm. It will make your lips appear very ashy.

3. Eos lip balm is a miracle in egg form! It's 95% organic and all natural, so you can feel good about putting it on your kisser. Taste: 5/5| I have summer fruit flavor and boy is it delicious! There is no plastic-y, chemical flavor with this lip balm, just pure, delicious, fruitiness. Endurance: 5/5| This lip balm is long wear, I can apply before bed and I will wake up with the softess lips in the world! Texture: 4/5| It's very light and airy, feels like you are wearing next to nothing on your lips! I approve!

4. Carmex medicated lip balm is great for people who are habitual lip biters ( I regrettably admit I am one of this people. Taste: 1/5| The plain Carmex lip balm tastes like medicine, which is natural since it's medicated, but it isn't the best taste in the world! If you want to cut down on that medicated taste, Carmex does carry other flavors.  Endurance: 5/5| Carmex lasts a loooooong time! A little goes a long way! Texture: 2/5| Carmex is on the thicker side of lip balms and is very gloopy and shiny when applied so be careful! You might end up with Bratz doll lips!

5. Last but certainly not least is Burt's Bees lip balm. It's uses natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals. What's not to love about that? Alright, on to the ratings...! Taste: 4/5| I am not at all fond of grapefruit, but I love the taste of Burt's Bees Refreshing lip balm. It really is refreshing and there is no nasty chemical taste to it. Endurance: 2/5| I had to reapply this lip balm frequently to keep my lips from drying out and this lip balm did not last me through the night. Texture: 3/5| The lip balm goes on smooth, but it is a bit thick. That is to be expected, since it is made with bee's wax! However, I am not a fan of thick lip balm! 

Readers: What is your favorite lip balm? Please leave a comment below! 


♡,
Jeanette






3. Eos Lip Balm       


7 comments:

  1. Burt's Bees is one of my favorite lip balms! I've never tired Eos before but after reading your little review I'm going to have to give it ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Else's lip balm was a random purchase for me. I needed cash back at the register and I also needed some lip balm and decided to try some out. I am thankful I did! Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venessa, sorry for taking so long to respond! I would love to follow you on bloglovin! Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  3. I love EOS too! Very informative post - thank you for sharing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the delayed response! Thank you so much for stopping by to look at my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you sooo much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete