29.7.13

Vanilla Scone

 A girlfriend and I had planned on going out to a Buddhist Monastery for a brief introduction to Buddhism the other day and then take some photos in the surrounding area, but sadly, we both overslept our alarms and ended up missing the discussion! Whoops! Fortunately, the service happens every week and I am hoping to make it out there on Sunday!

vanilla scone, mori girl, outfit of the day

vanilla scone, mori girl, outfit of the day

vanilla scone, mori girl, outfit of the day

We went to the Lower Cascades park to take the photos. There are beautiful, wooded trails that lead to a mini waterfall. I wanted to make sure to take some pictures near it because it was just so cool! 

My outfit is mori girl inspired, with delicate lace coordinates and a neutral color. I am OBSESSED with cream colored blouses and dresses, and even more so with lace-y type clothing. The funny thing is, when I was younger I absolutely HATED all things feminine. I was a big tomboy. The first time I got my hair pressed straight and styled in a 'girly' way, my mother cried and took pictures! It's pretty hilarious to think about now.The boots that I am wearing in the picture is one of my favorite pair. My boyfriend calls them my 'Zombie Apocalypse Boots' or 'Ass-Kicking Boots'. I thought it might be fun to wear something very delicate and juxtapose it with bold, 'boyish' accessories. My bracelet is actually a belt wrapped around my wrist a few times. Thought of that one on the fly!

I had an especially hard time editing these photos because the lighting was different in all of them! Taking on this blog project is a big learning process. Luckily, I have many other blogs to look to for inspiration and motivation to keep going. I would love, love, love, feedback from my readers! Please let me know what I improvements you think I could make to my photos, blog design, etc.

*Special thank you to Sara Murray for helping me take my photos and having fun getting lost in the woods!!

Thanks for reading!

♡♡,
Jeanette

Lace dress: A'reveSlip Dress: Ryu Clothing Collection Shoes: GoJane Hairpin: Forever21 Necklaces: Forever21


5 comments: